Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dear Cake Pops, I apologize

On my list of skills, failing is somewhere in the top five. I'm sure many people have the same issue, and I can confidently say that I am particularly exceptional at doing things the wrong way 13,040 times before I can get it right. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that failing is a bad thing. The word definitely has a negative connotation & I have no intention of using it in that way. Failing, is just...well, annoying. As much as I would prefer to do everything right the first time, I am aware of the fact that I must fail in order to find my own way of doing things that satisfies me. That being said, I would like to present to you my failure of the day. (ha, maybe I should make this a weekly Friday post).



Once again, Bakerella has proved that she is magical in the kitchen. I attempted cake pops today & I not only ended up with smushed cake and white chocolate all over the place, but I also ended up with cake balls, deformed hexagons, and funny looking squares too. I suppose my first problem was not using ALL of the cake in the pan. I figured that the slightly hard bits wouldn't be a good idea to put in with the rest of the crumbs. Unfortunately, this threw off the ratio of cake to frosting, and I'm thinking that the frosting overwhelmed the cake and made it all sticky and harder to work with. I had to reshape the pops twice before I could put them in the white chocolate and then the lollipop sticks kept falling off & then everything was falling and smushing & it wasn't the cutest thing to see in a kitchen.
On the positive side, since I made SO many mistakes, I was privileged with eating all of them& OHMYGOODNESS, these cake balls/pop things are amazingfantasticdelicious. I used carrot cake for this batch, and I thought my tongue was going to jump for joy. I have never ever in my whole life eaten something so uniquely tasty. Okay, so I'm being dramatic, but it REALLY was so good.
I stopped after I did 20 cake balls because I was tired of seeing smushed cake & it was really sweet & I couldn't eat ALL of my mistakes.

Hope you have better luck!




3 comments:

  1. You ate them all! Which means there are none left for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cher

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment.

    I love your blog! and as soon as I saw the title to this post I had read it. FYI I attempted the Cake Pops back at Christmas. Red Velvet cake with white chocolate. I had visions of beautiful cake pops. You see I too have been following Bakerella and drooling over all her gorgeous creations. LOL mine looked just like yours. And after about 10 of them I gave up. My kids snacked on the chocolate free balls of cake after we ate the ones I managed to get the chocolate to coat.

    My daughter just said to me today how good the cake balls were and that I needed to make them again. LOL

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't have the cake pop touch. The positive side is that no matter how bad they look...they will always taste delectable. :] &thanks for the wonderful compliment. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete