Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Sunday, August 15, 2010

MEGAMAN CAKE: COMPLETE!

I am beyond relieved to rid my life of this cake.
It took a lot of work & a lot of frustration, but the person who received the cake was REALLY excited about, and that made all of the work worth it (cliche, I know).
I did have some trouble covering the cakes with fondant and trimming off the edges, I can't seem to master the perfection of trimming the edges...and the chocolate frosting was delicious (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/recipe/quick-chocolate-buttercream-frosting.html), but not really workable because I didn't exactly wait until room temperature. So, it definitely showed through the fondant, and I have to remember to do more than one coat.
Also, Bombman was a little top heavy, which is why in the picture he's being supported by a can of sanitizer wipes. Oh well. As they say, you live&you learn.


On a side note, my parents are constantly sending me to the store to buy something they forgot almost EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Obviously, I am annoyed.

The cashiers know me by name & they are updated with my life on a constant basis. I like the feeling of welcome, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't mind if I saw them all a bit less. So, in an attempt to try and get organized with things we need as we realize they are out, I made a little shopping list for our refrigerator. It was super easy & makes the fridge look way more cute. :]
(&it's two-sided, so it's more environmentally friendly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment