Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz175ltoMH3

Friday, September 3, 2010

Everybody Wants to Lend a Helping Hand

Hello Hello!

I realize that it's Friday, and I'm pleased to say that a failure isn't being documented today.

In fact, I've been much too busy to even think about failing (which is always a good thing).

As I mentioned before, I am planning on hosting a Great American Bake Sale under the Share our Strength Foundation either October 11 or October 13th. The planning is going wonderfully. Every day, I take advice from all of the business books that I've read, and I picture the event in my head, adding more detail to every vision.

I start to see the tablecloths, the unique cupcake toppers, the information on the dessert-shaped flyers, and the look on people's faces when they eat something delicious like a chocolate cake ball. I keep wondering where the inspiration for this event came from, and I'm still pretty lost.

All I know is that I love to bake, and I love to help people. This charity event has the perfect combination of my interests. What's wonderful about events like these is that every body seems to want to be involved. The minute I started telling people about it, offers for help came right to me. My initially small bake sale has turned into an event that could generate thousands of dollars, and each day I can see the goal rising higher and higher.

How exciting would it be to raise $20,000 for Share our Strength and know that all of that money is going to be given to communities all over the United States and put toward underprivileged children that need food on their table. I'm so excited to be able to be a part of an event like this, and I can't wait until the donations start coming in, and I can tell all of the volunteers about the huge difference we're making.

Starting next Thursday, I have meetings left & right, and I'm nervous to talk to so many people! Hopefully they'll be able to see my vision of what this bake sale could bring, and they'll be willing to support all of the efforts. I'll just have to use all of the advice How To Talk So People Listen by Sonya Hamlin and use it to my advantage!

Have a lovely night, Bloggers!

-Cher

No comments:

Post a Comment